Thursday, July 8, 2010

7/7/10

The day moves toward it's end, and I have yet to bring myself to express in this medium. I would alight on the matter of Asylum Seekers but even I tire of the topic. The lack of empathy depresses me.
It has been interesting to reflect on the beast that my work has become. The excitement and creativity with which I approached the challenges of this project have perished in a wave of red tape, regulation, and miscommunication. When trying reaps the same rewards as not, motivation becomes a rare commodity. I have now accustomed myself to the beast. It picks it's nose, drools, and yells confusingly, while I patiently wipe it's ass, and spoon feed it until the day reaches it's close, and it shuts the hell up.
The fact is that it refused my best, so now it must make do with whatever I have to give to get by. If i worked up something spectacular it wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. So whilst I can understand the occasional reprimand from my superiors, the query as to why my contributions have diminished, I do wish they'd appreciate the fact that the reason is because those contributions were blatantly ignored.
It sort of crushes my soul, but at least I've built up some resilience. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and fat wads of cash to soften the blows,
And the grumpasauras I come home to is happy, and at the moment, that's what matters most.
I happily anticpate the day where I am in a place in which I can give my all, and it actually makes a difference. What a thing that would be! I am so keen for university.

No comments: