Monday, July 19, 2010

12/7/10

I've permitted myself to get away with not writing on weekends. I think it's important for me to have days off to refill my creativity.
Tonight I hope to have a a swirling hurricane of ideas and insights run through my lounge room. I am confident in people who have volunteered there attendance and I am excited to see what sort of topics we're going to see circulate. I'm surprised at my own anticiation in terms of common ground though. The diversity inherant in the group is entirely intetnional, to reflect a specturm of opinion, but to see where this diversity comes together in union, in one harmony, that will be quite something.
My expectations aren't too high, but I am keen nontheless. Just the mere fact that I have harnessed some of that activistic energy that dissapates all too often into the masses of apathy excites me. For if I can continue to find and grow together with more like-minded learners than I feel there is much we could acheive, much we could learn and much we could teach.
I am a little anxious, I must confess. There are bound to be tensions when there are differences but I hope the intellectual integrity comes to the fore, and will be recongnized and flourished with each individual. There is a way to escape the melancholic apathy of everydayers. It is a privilige, and a happiness to be excited about life.
Also, Starcraft 2 is sooo much fun

No comments: