Thursday, May 14, 2009

To hope I was predestined to choose my destination...

My mind got ticking on the whole Predestination thing today. It's that always present debate that exists amongst the church, as to whether we are predestined to be Children of God, or whether it is a choice that comes from our own free will. I have heard several lectures regarding the topic and have been left dissatisfied with most of them, many copping out with the 'What is not possible for man, is possible with God' and claiming that both are true at the same time.

I honestly think that is not a legitimate answer. If predestination is the case, than we do not have a choice. Any notion of free will is then an illusion, or a deception. That implies that we are told we have free will, but do not actually.Because we talk of predestination and free will as it applies to us, which means there should be a point at which it is comprehensible. Indeed there is a rare occurrence of agreement between wider religious circles that God can only be perceived as he chooses to reveal himself to us. Thus the topic at hand is only known through revelation which means that if interpreted as such, God has given contradictory information, and he if he has not, sure we are able to discern some meaning from it.

My interpretation is that you cannot remove Free will. To do so would compromise the entire apex of the Christian Faith.. However predestination is a point well pressed. The only plausible answer I can understand that keeps the integrity of God intact is that whilst man might be predestined to heavenly things, he has a choice whether he accept it or not.
Mind you this all can only make sense if we make assumptions about other things. Which we do, but should be very careful about doing, as it can lend support to the equation that Faith = Blind Trust, a definition that is becoming fairly common across the interhigways. Unfortunately there are plenty of people creating evidence for this, and I can appreciate the view point.


Works a bit of a drag but I'm getting fairly settled and routined. I'm looking forward to the next few months with that whole marriage thing coming and what not.
Why are all American comedians deserving of their title Democrats? Perhaps it is because that, despite their humorous slights at what's going on, they actually know what's going on. I watched Real Time with Bill Maher today. It's nice to see Americans call out their idiots. It's one thing other than the obvious rekindles my hope in the country.

Honestly, who wouldn't vote for that guy when the alternative decides to pair up with this?

This blog is teaching me a lot about grammar,
Michael

http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF247-Catch_Phrase.jpg

I do think the patriotic thing to do is to critique my country. How else do you make a country better but by pointing out its flaws?” - Bill Maher

No comments: