Wednesday, May 13, 2009

People are dumb.

One of the biggest reasons I have come to doubt my faith, or faith of any kind, or even any claim made by any man, is the ever growing appreciation I have for man's incredible aptitude to delude himself. It's not just the ignorant or stupid either that do it, it's any man with another agenda. I include myself amongst that number. People have a tendency to view things to suit their own needs, which is fine provided they're still seeing things for what they are. However in order to stay within the boundaries our small minds have conjured we compromise with our senses, and allow ourselves to pretend to believe something other than what is actually happening before us. Taken to the extreme, you get insanity.

The token response I get from the christian circles is to not trust the failing perceptions of man, but to trust God. Which would be legit, if the idea of God I had constructed did not stem from the failing human perceptions of man, my own included. To claim the non-existence of such an entity, or spirituality, would be nonsensical, however to even pretend that I'm sure about any of it would merely be deceptive. "I don't know," I find, is a good honest humble and accurate statement.

If God wants me to preach the gospel with conviction, then the implication is that God wants me to lie and pretend that I am convinced about something that I am not.

I began reading Stephen King's IT. Its surprisingly captivating, even though all I've read is a clown killing a child, a gay, and a rich middle-aged man suicide. It reinforces my belief that clowns are not fun, or funny. Just plain evil.

Michael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rl5SOuq6-g
I do hate that paperclip....

The hardest part about gaining any new idea is sweeping out the false idea occupying that niche. As long as that niche is occupied, evidence and proof and logical demonstration get nowhere. But once the niche is emptied of the wrong idea that has been filling it — once you can honestly say, "I don't know", then it becomes possible to get at the truth. - Unknown source


No comments: