Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Evilution? lol.

I found the whole evolution verse creation debate fairy frustrating at first, but now simply entertaining. I think the problem lies in that most people try to make the argument something that it isn't, and because of this you have hilarious irrationalities that people feel like they have to make familiarities of in order to maintain some consistency and integrity across their testimonies.
This stubborn insistence hurts their own cause though, their passion for something so irrelevant proves how much they've missed the point. Evolution remains a viable and plausible theory. Creationism becomes just a matter of particulars. We all know stuffed happened, 'how' is just speculation. Shouldn't people enjoy their god-given curiosity in pursuit of knowledge, and remain open-minded and appreciative to the unfolding universe around them?

I did try to engage in conversation recently on this topic, but I was greeted with that uneasy anxiety of people who hadn't been told what they were meant to believe yet. I found it quite sad. The idea that the words "I don't know" make you ashamed and susceptible to misteachings is I think a false conception. Indeed, it would be much more delusional to convince yourself of something you don't even know.

In my experience, the old beatitude runs true for this topic. I know a drop in the ocean regarding this universe, and I cannot even begin to appreciate it's depths, but that makes me value the small experience I have been afforded even more.

God forbid that I should be damned for admitting that I don't know instead of pretending that I do.

Regards,

Michael.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB2RgDQrHgI
The funniest thing is that the song is actually awesome.


"
I see trees of green, red roses too.
I see them bloom, for me and you.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white.
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world..." - Louis Armstrong


No comments: