Thursday, May 21, 2009

us and them?

Australia's primary religion becomes fairly obvious when 99% of it's newspapers are dedicated to it, and then the last remaining 1% which aren't about it are dedicated to the things people in it do. I stood in awe over the past week at the amount of influence that football has in our society. How's it get that way I wonder?



I've always struggled with the us-and-them mentality of the church. It's like some type of secret racism, but there's a biblical basis for it. The problem is that it can accomodate a presumptuious attitude towards others who harbor different opinions and perspectives. People short change themselves when they allow this to get in the way of learning from others.

I also find it to be fairly inconsistent. The values of people without I often aspire to and find more admirable than the people within. I find people who yearn with all their hearts to know truth. Why are they not considered like us, when our priority is the Truth, yet the most ignorant have ways of getting onto a pulpit? If this division were more apparent, I think we would find that the line is not where we initially thought it would be.



New favourite thing:
People who say "I can feel it in me waters"


"there are only 2 types of people in this world: The idiots who think that there are only 2 types of people in this world, and people who don't."

That's a quote from me :)

Michael

No comments: